Our testing facilities
A centre dedicated to your experiments, in hydraulics and other fields...
100 years of experience and know-how - more than 400 models built over the last 20 years
The Laboratory is in a position to deliver cutting-edge services thanks to its close, constant contacts with the maritime, river, hydro-sedimentary, electromechanical and civil engineers within the Artelia group (6000 employees). The technical facilities and resources that we provide for your projects are commensurate with the level of service you would expect to receive:
- more than 11,000 m2 of testing halls and 3, 200 m2 of outdoor facilities,
- 5 wave tanks including one with a rotating platform,
- 3 wave flumes,
- 1 looped wave & current flume,
- 1,600 m2 general-purpose area available for specific models,
- 1 torrent modelling area,
- 800 m2 of workshops (models, electronic equipment, etc.),
- 7 travelling cranes for carrying heavy loads in the 2 testing halls and the workshops,
- A dedicated and experienced team (construction, instrumentation, measurement and calibration, assistance with operation),
- Cutting-edge hydraulic and hydrosedimentary expertise,
- Experience and innovation in the design of model prototypes.
For an initial check on the dimensional design of a structure, under frontal wave attack.
For the three-dimensional modelling of specific parts of a structure subject to waves from different directions.
To submit your structure to combined wave and current conditions.
For "custom-built" models of river hydraulics, dams, or urban and industrial flows.
Torrent modelling area
A unique, tilting platform for studying torrential mountain streams, sediment deposition areas, mudslides, alluvial fans, etc.
The area where we produce all our scale models of hydraulic structures.
A laboratory for analysing and qualifying sedimentary materials and rockfill.
Leading-edge expertise in the instrumentation of hydraulic models.