Kastraki dam (Greece)
Stability study of Kastraki dam fusegates
Client: Raycap S.A - Model scale: 1:12
It is planned to increase the storage capacity of Kastraki dam by fitting 20 fusegates to the existing weir. Artelia was consulted to built a scale model in order to study the stability of the fusegates.
Description of scale model
- Only the first and last fusegates were modelled.
- Measurement and recording of dynamic pressures on the structures.
- Measurement of weir nappe profiles.
Aims of model
- Study of hydraulic conditions in which the two fusegates are tilted.
- Tests in normal and downgraded conditions.
- Adjustment of fusegate counter-weights.